Sunday, February 14, 2010

Orange Cream Fruit Salad

I found this recipe for fruit salad on AllRecipes awhile back and decided to try it out for Carson's birthday party with my in-laws and friends yesterday. If you like creamy, pudding style fruit salads, you'll love this. I thought it was very good, Carson loved it, and Kevin liked it. Most people that like that type of salad also really liked it from what they said. It was very easy to throw together. I'll make it again and will add more fruit to it next time. Even with the extra can of mandarin oranges and extra banana, it seemed like it still had a lot of extra pudding.

I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it later.

Orange Cream Fruit Salad

1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup sour cream
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments (I added two cans)
2 bananas, sliced (I added three)
1 apple - peeled, cored and sliced

In a medium mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and orange juice concentrate. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in sour cream. In a large salad bowl, combine fruits. Gently mix in orange dressing. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

This was very good. Tasted just like my mom's fruit salad recipe:

http://voogtrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/09/fruit-salad.html

Sara said...

Good to know. I'm not really a fan of the marshmallows in the fruit salad (I figured that out after I made the heavenly pink salad above), though, like in your mom's recipe. And I like the flavor that the sour cream gives this over whipped cream. Though I never would have decided that had I not had this fruit salad one day and the heavenly pink salad the following day. Plus, I liked the orange flavor to this - it was different than any other fruit salad I've ever tried before.