Friday, February 12, 2010

Biggest Loser, Week 10

Another stagnant week... but at least I'm not gaining anything back! This next week I am really going to try buckling back down and focusing on this weight loss. That has been my problem for the last month now - I just haven't been focused on it at all... worrying about stuff going on in my family and being stressed out at work mostly. I've just got to change my focus for a little bit. I'm in second place in our competition right now - I just got passed up this week, actually. So I've got to get going again so that I can win!! :)

I had my first Zumba class a couple of weeks ago - it was canceled this week due to the snow storm. It is such a fun way to exercise!! I'm reading the book that the creator, Beto Perez, wrote about Zumba right now... hoping I can learn from the book and practice at home how to get my salsa hips going! ;-P Anyway, I am loving it!

The 5K training had been going well, but I haven't been faithful in getting in three trainings a week this past week and a half. My heels are KILLING me ever since I started. It is looking like I have plantar fasciitis. And wow, is it painful. I'll be calling around on my day off on Monday to try to make an appointment with a podiatrist to figure out a treatment plan. Hopefully I can just do orthotics in all my shoes. We shall see.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update since its been awhile now. I'll post more soon.

1 comment:

Jaime and Jeff said...

hey - quick addition about the plantar fascitits - get a tennis ball and rub the sole of your foot all around on the ball, if that makes sense?