Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Biggest Loser, Week 11

I've finally broke through the weeks of just maintaining and lost a pound this week! I wasn't really expecting it with the weekend full of birthday parties, but I sure do welcome it! :) I'm really going to push to lose 2 pounds next week, though.

With my heels killing me when I do much of anything lately, workouts have been extremely painful. I don't think I'm going to do any running until I get to the podiatrist. I'll continue to walk during the day on my break at work, as well as on the treadmill at home. And of course, I'll still be doing my Zumba class on Tuesday nights, as well as doing a little Zumba work once or twice during the week at home with my book and DVD. I've done Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred a couple of times in the last week, but I'm getting bored with it since I've done it so many times in the last few months. So I picked up a really good bellydancing DVD and a Turbo Kick DVD last week. A couple of my friends do bellydancing and say its such an awesome workout, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm planning to do it tomorrow night after my kettlebells. My BFF Sara does Turbo Kick and it sounded like something I'd love, so I started that yesterday. I love it! I had to tone it down and do some things more low-impact for my heels' sake, but it was still an awesome workout. Its a combo of kickboxing and shakin' it and it is so fun! I love kickboxing, always have and always will, so I'm really looking forward to adding Turbo Kick to my routine. I still do kettlebells, but I've cut back a little and only do them two or three times a week. I still love them - they're still my favorite thing to do - you seriously just can't get as good of a workout out of anything else in as little time. But you have to put your weight on your heels for the swings, so it has become quite painful.

Even with the pain in my heels, I'm not giving up on this exercising. Some nights my heels are just too painful to even think about walking, so I just take it easy those nights and do some benchpresses or arm curls. At least I'm still getting something. Hopefully by the end of today I'll have an appointment scheduled to see a podiatrist and can get some relief for my heels. For now, I'll just keep doing what I can to try to get healthy.

UPDATE: I have an appointment with a local podiatrist for Friday, February 26th. Wish I could get in sooner, but with my schedule at work, its the best I could do.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Way to go! And so glad you can get into a doctor right away. Hopefully he/she can help and you can enjoy your exercise.