Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meal plans and the week ahead

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We won't be celebrating ours today since we're having another birthday party for Carson today. We had Kevin's family and some friends over yesterday to celebrate the big 2 with us. Today we'll be having my family over.

We've got another very busy week ahead of us. Today is another birthday party, as I mentioned. Tomorrow I'm off for President's Day. Carson and I will go visit my grandparents in the morning and we have Carson's 2-year well-child appointment in the afternoon. Tuesday I have Zumba and then I'm getting my hair cut and dyed after Zumba class. Friday is my flex day, so Carson and I will go to Kindermusik in the morning. Auntie Jaime will be home this weekend!! So we're waiting to hear if it's better for her to hang out on Friday or Sunday. If we don't see Jaime on Friday, then Carson and I are going to head down to Rochester Hills in the afternoon to go shopping with Kati. Then Kevin and Ben will meet up with us after work for dinner. And Saturday, we'll head over to my grandparents' house again in the morning. In the afternoon, we're planning to head west to Grand Rapids for another Calvin basketball game and then we'll go out to eat with most of the Hollebooms, Kevin's grandparents, and I believe his aunt and uncle, too.

I'm not sure I'll have much time for extras this week. I do know I'll be canning the leftover soup tomorrow evening. And I want to do some baking with Carson since he has been asking me to for a couple of weeks now. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'd like to spend a little time finishing cleaning and organizing the laundry and utility half of our basement. Its almost done, so it'd be nice to just get it finished so then we can focus on the main part of the basement and get a play area put together for Carson. I don't think I will have time for much else.

Here's what I'm thinking for meals this week... other than Monday, we'll be utilizing our leftovers from the birthday parties this weekend for all our meals.

Sunday - Carson's birthday party! Appetizers: pickle tray; cheese and crackers; chips and dip; veggies and dip; grapes. Meal: pizza and breadsticks from Rocky's; antipasto salad; fruit salad; jello; cake and ice cream

Meatless Monday - grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread; tomato soup in the crockpot; homemade croutons and shredded cheese for topping the soup; leftover fruit salad

Tuesday - leftover pizza; breadsticks; and salad

Wednesday - some sort of mexican taco/lasagna bake to use up some leftover taco meat and beans; jello; pear sauce

Thursday - leftover chicken fajitas; peaches

Friday - TBD once we figure out our plan

Saturday - out to eat in Grand Rapids

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

I love weeks when I have lots of leftovers to use up. Makes meal time so easy :) Hopefully we'll see you Saturday!