Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meal plans and the week ahead

We've got another busy week ahead of us. We had a lot of fun things planned for this week, but everything is kind of up in the air right now, with the passing of my grandmother. We'll just play each day by ear and see what I feel up to. Kevin will likely be in Michigan this entire week again. He's going to be one of the pallbearers at my grandma's funeral and thankfully his boss is being very understanding. So no Lafayette this week again. (Yay!!)

We may be heading to East Lansing this afternoon for a MSU women's basketball game - it'll be the Dutch giant, Allyssa DeHaan's last game before the playoffs, so we figured we'd better go see her in action! We had planned on meeting some friends at the game and then heading out to eat dinner with them in East Lansing after the game, but we'll see how this afternoon is going and whether I feel up to it or not (right now I'm not). I don't think I will work on Monday and definitely won't on Tuesday. Tuesday is the visitation and funeral. I have another podiatrist appointment that afternoon that I will have to reschedule (for hopefully later in the week) and I'll be skipping Zumba this week. Thursday I'll be in Windsor all day for meetings. Friday is my flex day and Carson and I have Kindermusik. And then I think we'll meet my friends Melissa and Jenny for lunch and to let the kids play a little. We'll head over to visit my grandpa at some point, too. Saturday morning, we're heading to Albion to visit the children's museum there with our friends, the Chapmans. Depending on when we get back (if we get back in time), we may head to the Flint Childrens' Museum for Seuss-a-Palooza to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. We'll just see how it plays out.

No extras this week. It'll be enough to just go through the motions.

Here's what I'm thinking for meals... which may change if I don't feel like cooking some night(s) or if we end up at my grandpa's...

Sunday - out to eat in East Lansing if we go to the game or family dinner at my grandpa's house if we stay here

Meatless Monday - scrambled eggs with broccoli and green peppers; toast with strawberry rhubarb jam

Tuesday - funeral dinner after the burial

Wednesday - meatloaf; ranch potato wedges; steamed green and yellow beans; applesauce

Thursday - leftovers from funeral dinner... chicken; salad; cupcakes; applesauce

Friday - pesto cheesy chicken rolls; mixed greens side salads; fresh oranges and clementines

Saturday - cajun blackened red snapper; steamed brown rice; peas and carrots; fresh pineapple and clementines

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

I hope your week goes ok. We'll be praying for you.