Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blueberry Buckle

I made some blueberry buckle this morning to have for breakfast this week. I made it once before, but it didn't turn out very well, so I wanted to give it another try. It turned out great this time! I got this recipe from my SIL. My MIL makes it quite often when blueberries are in season and it is always so good!

Blueberry Buckle

3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups blueberries (frozen from this past summer)

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup soft butter

Mix sugar, shortening and egg. Stir in milk. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Sprinkle in blueberries. Put in 8x10 pan and top with crumb mixture.

Topping:Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter.

Bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes.

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

So glad it worked this time! I was wondering what happened last time. I need to make this again. A very good breakfast!

Melissa said...

yay! glad it turned out for you this time...makes me hungry for some! might have to make this again soon *mental note* :)