Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taco Salad

I made this taco salad for my extended family's Christmas Eve party. It was a hit with everyone that ate it! I left the dressing off and just let people pour on as much as they liked. Kevin really loved this and has requested that I make it once a week! I doubt that will happen, but I will make it for lunches and whatnot... maybe once a month or something.

Taco Salad

1 head iceberg lettuce (I used 3 heads organic romaine)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I only used about 1 1/2 cups)
2 lbs ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2 tomatoes
1 onion (left this out)
1 bag plain Doritos
1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (Light)

Brown ground beef and taco seasoning. Drain and let cool. Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Put into a large container. Add cheese and crushed Doritos. Add cooled ground beef. Pour Catalina dressing over all of it 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

This sounds a lot like my mom's taco salad recipe. I've always loved it.