Sunday, December 6, 2009

Meal plans and the week ahead

We've got a busy, but super fun, week ahead of us. We'll be going to East Lansing this afternoon to see a live production of Click Clack Moo at the Wharton Center. This will be Carson's first live production, so we'll see how he likes it. I think he will really enjoy it - I hope so at least! There is a fun family craft time that starts an hour before the play, so we'll be going to that to burn off some energy beforehand. Tuesday, after work, I get my hair done again, so Kevin will be picking Carson up since I'll be late. Friday we'll be going on an overnight getaway to Grand Rapids. We're staying at a hotel with an indoor water slide, so that will be tons of fun! Carson will love swimming again! We're meeting up with my SIL, BIL, and niece at Fred Meijer Gardens on Saturday morning - it will be great to have some extra time with them so that Carson can get to know his cousin, Rebecca, a little better.

My first priority for any extra time I have this week will be packing and preparing for our overnight trip. I also have to get our Christmas cards all addressed and mailed out. I'd like to spend some time wrapping more Christmas gifts - I got about a third of them wrapped last week, so I'd like to do another third this week. I'm hoping to make a batch of monster cookies with Carson one night after work, too. And we'll be doing more work in the fitness room in the basement - we should be ready to paint it by next Sunday, hopefully!

This week I am cooking from my Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. I bought this cookbook about a year ago now and I've never made anything in it yet. So I figured with the BL challenge at work, this would be the perfect time to give it a try. It looks like it has some great recipes and if its anything like the first Biggest Loser cookbook, I'm sure they'll be delicious!

Sunday - we'll be eating in East Lansing after Click Clack Moo, probably at Cosi

Meatless Monday - broccoli and cheddar mini frittatas; breakfast sweet potatoes; fresh pineapple

Tuesday - hair appt., so I will be late getting home.... japanese beef stew in the crockpot

Wednesday - mandarin orange chicken; steamed brown rice; steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Thursday - leftovers to clean out the fridge

Friday - We'll be in Grand Rapids and will be eating some where out there - most likely at one of the Gilmore Collection restaurants, unless we end up in Holland for Dutch Winterfest.

Saturday - We'll be coming back from Grand Rapids at some point today, not sure if we'll be back before dinner, or not. So we'll either eat out on the road, or we'll just have some homemade waffles from the freezer; strawberry syrup; sliced bananas; walnuts.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Have fun at CCM today!! You'll have to tell us all about it. Too bad we didn't end up getting tickets. At least we get to see you on Sat. Can't wait for that! Rebecca and Carson will have so much fun.

Can't wait to hear about the BL recipes. I'm in need of some healthy meals...good thing before the holidays :)

Good luck with your fitness room. I hope it comes together quickly so you can start using it soon...and win your challenge!