Thursday, December 3, 2009

Corn Custard Pudding Casserole

I made this recipe from my SIL for corn custard pudding casserole as a side dish with our pine nut chicken and sauteed broccoli. We all love corn and I've always wondered what corn pudding tastes like. So when I saw her post last week, I wanted to try it. It was so good! I used some of the corn I froze this summer from Eichelberg's. It made it extra sweet - so yummy! It was almost like dessert, the corn was so sweet, plus having the sugar in there. Definitely a keeper and something I'll make often, I think. Just wish it didn't take so long to cook.

Corn Custard Pudding Casserole

1 pkg. frozen corn, cooked until separated (this refers to a home-frozen pkg...maybe 2 cups or so?, I never cook it. I just let it thaw a bit)
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
1 egg, beaten

Beat egg in bowl. Add corn, milk, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Pour into greased 1 1/2 qt. casserole. Place in a pan of hot water. Bake for 1 1/4 hours at 350, until set. (I didn't use the pan of hot water and it was fine.)

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Glad you liked it! We used the corn we froze as well...makes it that much better.