Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Biggest Loser, Week 4

I'm on vacation from work this week, so no official weigh-in numbers to report. I did weigh myself on our scale this morning and it looks like I did maintain my goal and stayed at my weight from last week... possibly even dropping another pound. Its hard to know with our scale at home, though, since it never reads the same as the "official" scale we're using at work.

We're making great progress on our fitness room in the basement - it should be done this week!! I'm so excited for it to be finished. While I do enjoy doing videos - and I will continue to do some videos - I am really looking forward to being able to do some walk/jog intervals on the treadmill and riding the stationary bike for some more cardio workouts. And hopefully I'll get some new additions to our fitness room for my birthday on Sunday... otherwise I'll be going shopping next week for some more kettlebells (the 10-pounder is getting too light... its time to move up to the 15-pounder).

I've been reading some slightly depressing things lately... in many of the books I've been looking through and/or reading lately, it says that I basically need to be working out 1 1/2+ hours per day to lose and then maintain a healthy weight... I am really hoping I can prove them wrong on that!! Because there is no way that I can spend that long working out every day... not unless I quit my job or find a local job with no commute or hire a personal chef and housekeeper, at least! I'm not letting it keep me down or anything, but I was quite sad to read that... but like I said, I'm hoping to prove them wrong!! :) The books also say that I need to be selfish and only do things for myself right now... forget all the fun activities or extras... just focus on myself, what I eat, and my workouts. I'm also hoping I can prove them wrong on that one, too... because I'm not willing to do that. I understand the logic behind it, but at the same time... I'll never get these days back with Carson at this super fun age and I don't want to have to forego fun things with him. So I'm going to do it all - in my eyes, its the only way I can do it.

So anyway, in the spirit of the upcoming new year and making new year's resolutions, I figured I'd list out some of my goals for getting back in shape and making myself healthy. These are long-term goals... not just for this next calendar year, necessarily... although I would like to accomplish the majority of them in 2010 if things continue to go well. And I know I'll be adding to the list... these are just some things that come to mind this morning.

- I want to learn to box.
- I want to take a Zumba class (or at least watch one to see if my uncoordinated self could keep up).
- I want to do the 60-Day Challenge (kettlebells).
- I want to get a nice cross-over bike and start riding.
- I want to be able to play an entire match of tennis again.
- I want to run a 5k.
- I want to compete in a sprint triathalon.
- I want to learn to snowboard.
- I want to downhill ski with my son.
- I want to teach my son to ice skate and play hockey.
- I want to wakeboard and waterski with my son.

Overall... I just want to live a long, healthy, and happy life with my family. :)

1 comment:

Mary Voogt said...

Great work and great goals!