Sunday, December 27, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

I made this recipe for crockpot indian chicken tikka masala from A Year of Slow Cooking last week. It was so delicious!! It doesn't look like true chicken tikka masala... but it does actually taste very much like it does in the indian restaurants - I was impressed! I'm very happy to have an easy crockpot indian meal that I can go-to when we're craving indian food!

I do have a picture, but you'll have to wait for me to upload it sometime within the next few days hopefully...

Crockpot Indian Chicken Tikka Masala

frozen chicken pieces--enough to feed 4 grownups
1 can tomatoes (drained, mine had seasoning, I don't think it matters)
1/2 diced onion
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I just used about 1/8 teaspoon)
1 t garam masala
1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt

Put your chicken pieces into the crockpot and add the can of tomatoes and all of the spices, minus 1/2t of the garam masala. Don't add the yogurt yet. Cook on low all day. (Mine cooked for about 6 hours on low and was done perfectly). 30 minutes before serving, stir in the yogurt, and taste. Added another 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala to the mix... or just add what tastes right to you.

No comments: