Sunday, December 27, 2009

Meal plans and the week ahead

Last week was such a fun and busy week! Christmas was awesome! Our parties were all chaotic, but they were all so fun and we enjoyed seeing all of our relatives and playing with all of our new stuff!

Kevin and I are on vacation this week. Our priority will be finishing up the fitness room. We'll also be seeing our friends Beth and Curt and their kids Tyler and Malerie one day this week. And possibly our friend Jeff. We might go down to Rochester Hills to see our friends Ben and Kati on Thursday, but I think we might try to figure out another day to see them. I'd like to be home in the evening for a family game night (Carson loves playing his new games!) and some NYE activities of our own. And my niece asked if we could have a playdate sometime this week, so we'll need to figure that out, too.

As for extras this week... as I mentioned, the fitness room is our priority. We should be finishing it up by the end of the week. I also want to do some fun things with Carson (not sure what yet), take the Christmas tree and decorations down, go through Carson's toys and put up some toys he's outgrown, do some baby shower planning for my cousin's shower I'm hosting, do some bday party planning for Carson's #2, possibly can some black beans, and catch up on my blogs a little (I'm very behind!).

Here's the plan for the meals...

Sunday - we're going over to my in-laws' house for pizza and Sunday night movie night

Meatless Monday - veggie stir-fry (mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, edamame, carrots, and pea pods); steamed brown rice; pear sauce

Tuesday - turkey veggie noodle soup in the crockpot; homemade bread; some kind of jello salad

Wednesday - mexican lasagna; fresh mangoes; leftover jello salad

Thursday - NYE!! taco/nacho bar; refried black beans; fresh mangoes

Friday - Happy New Year!! I'm going to do a leg of lamb in the crockpot; roasted red potatoes and carrots; steamed green beans; and maybe creme de menthe cake

Saturday - leftovers

1 comment:

Mary Voogt said...

Yummy meals. You did decide on Mexican lasagna ;) I've never had it. I'll be interested to see your recipe.