Monday, December 22, 2008

Sugar Cut-Out Cookies



I made up a batch of Christmas sugar cut-out cookies. I got this recipe from my friend, Michelle, at work. These are the best sugar cookies! They get so nice and "fluffy" as Kevin calls them. The best part is that they stay soft - they don't get crispy like so many sugar cookies do. (Maybe you like them crispy, but I don't.) Anyway, I know everyone has their "own" sugar cookie recipes, but I thought I'd post this one anyway since we think they're so good.

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter/margarine
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 1/2 cups flour

Cream the butter/margarine, sugar, and salt. Add eggs, sour cream, nutmeg, and vanilla; mix well. Add baking soda and powder with the flour, a little at a time and mix well. Let the dough stand in the refrigerator for a few hours for easier handling.

Roll out and cut. Or drop - make balls the size of a walnut and dip into colored sugars and press down.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until done. (They only took 9 minutes in my oven)

2 comments:

Allie said...

I'm interested in trying these using the sour cream. I would have never thought to have that in there.

The Voogts said...

These sound good! I like the cookies softer too. Mine were crispier. Justin likes them that way :P