Sunday, December 28, 2008

Meal Plans

Can't believe it'll be 2009 this week. Wow. It'll be another busy week. Kevin and I are both home all week again, but Carson is sick again - the poor little guy. His little immune system just doesn't have a chance to recover before he gets something else right now, it seems. Lots of projects and we'll have a trip or two to the pediatrician, too. Hopefully the carpet will be done today so we can put the breezeway together and get the furniture and carpet steam cleaned during the week (Tuesday or Friday hopefully). Kevin didn't do much with the insulation last week, so he's planning to do a little more this week and really needs to finish it up if he can. I want to finish painting the doors in the hallway still and I'll have a lot of cleaning/sorting/throwing away to do with all of the junk from the breezeway (which is everywhere in our living and dining rooms right now).

I still need to update my posts from last week with pictures. Hopefully I'll get to uploading all of our pictures later on today or tonight.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking as far as meals go..

Sunday ~ My parents are over - my Dad and Kevin are installing the carpet, the house is a wreck with everything from the breezeway everywhere, so I'll spend most of my time today cleaning/sorting/throwing out. We were supposed to go over to Kevin's parents' house for dinner and movie night, but I think we'll have to skip it with Carson being sick again. I think we'll probably just end up ordering pizza again ourselves, though, since the house is such a wreck.
Monday ~ let's try the sausage smothered in cabbage since I didn't make it last week
Tuesday ~ for the third or fourth week in a row... broccoli cheese soup. Let's hope I actually make it this time! :) I think I'll try making beer bread to go with it.
Wednesday ~ New Year's Eve! We're just hanging out around our house. Can't really go out too late with Carson anyway, so we'll have our own little party here at home this year. I think we'll do a taco and nacho bar.
Thursday ~ Happy New Year!! Jaime and Jeff are coming over. I'll be making a roast leg of lamb, roasted potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. Jaime is bringing a salad. And I still need to figure out something to make for dessert.
Friday ~ possibly just leftovers from throughout the week, otherwise something with pork since we picked up about 60 pounds of all-natural pork at Sara's house yesterday.
Saturday ~ tater tot casserole

Some morning this week, I'll be making a breakfast casserole with leftover ham from Christmas Eve. Just depends on how our plans pan out with doctors appointments, steam cleaners, and Kevin making a trip to South Bend with Danny to buy a new car (for Danny, not us).

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

Wow, a leg of lamb! I've never done one of those. You'll have to post a pic!

Taco/nacho bar sounds good :)

Sara said...

I've never done one either... and I'm a little nervous about it... especially since Jaime and Jeff are coming for dinner that day - but I warned them just in case. :) I'm sure it'll be ok, though. I've been debating on whether to do it in the crockpot or roast it in the oven. I've read that using the crockpot is the easiest. But I decided to try oven roasting it this time. I've got four leg of lamb roasts to use from our lamb (I had them cut them in half so they're not so huge and had them remove the bone, too) so I'll have a few different opportunities to try different ways of cooking it. And I'll definitely post a picture! :)

And I love taco/nacho bar nights! Always have and always will. Just don't do them too often since its very hard to make mexican food low-cal.