Friday, December 12, 2008

Herb Cheese Bread

I tried a new recipe for herb cheese bread from AllRecipes to go with our lasagna on Tuesday. This was very good and was a great pairing with lasagna - and would be good with any italian dish, I think. Kevin, Carson, and I all really loved this. I'll definitely make this again. And best of all, the bread machine does all the work for you!

Herb Cheese Bread

1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon active dry yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Basic or White Bread cycle, and press Start.

(Instead of adding the separate herbs, I just substituted with 5 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Italian Medley)

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

This looks really good! I'll have to try it sometime. Gotta love the bread machine :)

Allie said...

I've been looking for a new bread recipe so I'm glad to hear you have a good one!