Friday, December 12, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies



First of all, thanks to our cousin, Melissa, for the cookie button code! I'm not sure I'll be doing 12 consecutive days of cookies, or even 12 different cookies right now, but we'll see how it goes.

Tonight I made up a batch of chocolate chip cream cheese cookies. Kevin had requested "some form of chocolate chip cookie" - so this is what he got tonight since I wanted to try out a new recipe. I got this recipe from my college buddy and Phike sister, Ranae. These are very good! They got a thumbs up from Kevin and myself, even with the couple changes I made to them.


Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies

2 sticks butter, room temp
1 3 oz. package cream cheese, room temp (I actually used about 4 oz.)
1 cup sugar (I used half white sugar and half brown sugar)
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 12 oz. package chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate b/c that's what I like)
2 tsp orange zest (I left this out)
(I added 1 teaspoon baking powder)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually mix in flour and salt until just blended. Fold in chocolate chips and orange zest. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (or parchment/silpat lined sheet) by rounded teaspoon. Bake 10-12 minutes. When they start to brown around the edges, they are done.

I ended up with 49 cookies.

No comments: