Monday, December 22, 2008

Chicken, Brown Rice, and Veggie Soup

Tonight we had chicken, brown rice, and veggie soup in the crockpot. I basically just threw some stuff together. It turned out to be very good - all three of us loved it. So I figured I'd try to jot down what I did this time.

Chicken, Brown Rice & Veggie Soup

2 boxes chicken stock
2 cups water
1 teaspoon Better Than Boullion
6 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste (after its cooked)

Dump all ingredients into a crockpot. Stir and cover. I cooked mine on high for about 4 hours, then on low for about 2 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love crockpot recipes!