Monday, June 1, 2009

Italian Cheese Spread

Yesterday, we had our good friends, Ben and Kati, over for a cookout. I had seen a recipe in one of those Kraft Food & Family magazines that they mail out all the time that I wanted to try as an appetizer. I believe it was called Italian Cheese Spread (I'm going off of memory here since the magazine is at home). I didn't think to take a picture, either. Which is a bummer because it was a pretty dip with all the colors. And boy, was it yummy!! And super easy!!

Italian Cheese Spread

1 brick cream cheese
1/4 cup pesto
1/4-1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup shredded cheese

Start with a piece of aluminum foil, like 8x8 or so. Place the cream cheese brick in the center. Top with pesto, then tomatoes, then cheese. Make a packet with the foil and place on the grill for 8-10 minutes. (I used spinach pesto and it was awesome, but basil would be just as yummy. And I just put it on a sheet pan and put it in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes.) Serve on a plate with the foil folded back and crackers.

No comments: