Friday, June 12, 2009

Peanut Turkey Burgers

So I changed up the menu again this week. I did make the ham yesterday, but I ended up making the smallest one that I had in the freezer, so I didn't have the leftovers I needed for the casserole I had planned to make today. My SIL Mary made some peanut turkey burgers earlier in the week that I had also seen originally on A Good Appetite, but had forgotten about them. I had all of the ingredients on hand already, so I decided to make them for dinner tonight. And I'm so glad I did because, wow, these were awesome turkey burgers! So moist and flavorful - a delicious asian flavor with just a little kick. I think these were probably the best turkey burgers I've had so far. Kevin and Carson both liked them a lot, too. These were very easy to make and will definitely be a keeper recipe for me! I doubled the recipe below to get four very good sized burgers.

Peanut Turkey Burgers

1 medium carrot, julienned (I grated a handful of organic baby carrots, probably had about 1/2 cup of grated carrots)
1 scallion, chopped (I used half of a vidalia onion, diced)
1/8 t ground ginger (organic)
1 t kosher salt
10 oz ground turkey
1 1/2 T chunky peanut butter (I used organic creamy b/c that's what I had)
1/4 t sesame oil
1/2 t sriracha chili sauce (you definitely need the sriracha sauce, don't substitute other kinds/brands)

Place all the ingredients together in a bowl. Work with hands to mix but to do overwork. Cook on a griddle/grill pan (turkey burgers tend not to hold together well on a grill) until done, about 6 to 7 minutes per side.

Serve with lettuce leaves, more julienned carrots & garlic mayo. (We had ours with some co-jack cheese, light mayo, and organic ketchup. Served with a side of roasted asparagus.)

Makes 2 burgers

2 comments:

kat said...

I'm so glad you liked them, they are definitely a favorite of ours. I think I'll have to make them again soon

The Voogts said...

Maybe I'll have to try them again sometime with all of the ingredients. Glad you guys liked them.