Sunday, June 21, 2009

Greek Goddess Salad

This recipe comes from my Biggest Loser Cookbook. I was kind of hesitant to make it this soon in the summer season, but I was able to find some decent looking (organic) produce at Meijer on Friday morning, so I decided to make it. This is a delicious salad and its super healthy with all the veggies! The cookbook suggests adding a grilled, sliced chicken breast on the side to make it a complete meal. We're having grilled chicken for lunch today, so I guess we'll get to try it out. :) I'll post the original recipe, which is for 2 servings. I obviously made a larger recipe since its for Kevin's family gathering.

Greek Goddess Salad

3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
4 pitted kalamata olives, minced (I left these out b/c we don't like olives)
1 clove garlic, minced (organic)
4-5 Tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped (organic)
1/2 medium red or orange bell pepper, chopped (I used some red, orange, and yellow, organic)
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (I used a few containers of organic cherry tomates, quartered)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion (organic)
1 ounce (heaping 1/4 cup) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

In a serving bowl, combine the parsley, olives, and garlic. Whisk in 4 Tablespoons lemon juice. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, onion, and 3 Tablespoons of the cheese. Toss to coat the ingredients with dressing. Taste and add up to 1 Tablespoon more lemon juice, if desired. Top with remaining cheese.

Makes 2 servings.

No comments: