Friday, June 5, 2009

Pizza on the Grill

I used the ABin5 dough (the master Boule recipe) to do grilled pizzas on the grill for dinner tonight. YUM! They were so good! (Note: I also used this dough to make calzones on Tuesday and they were very good, too!) I love grilled pizzas at restaurants, but I'd never tried them at home. I was a little uncertain as to how they'd turn out, but they turned out great! I made a few different kinds (small pizzas), a chicken pesto pizza (pesto, chicken, feta, mozzarella, parmesan), a margherita (olive oil, marinated tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, plus a little feta sprinkled over top) pizza, and a more traditional one with pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan. They were all very yummy! Kevin liked the traditional one best, but I loved the margherita and pesto pizzas (margherita pizza being my favorite). Carson loved them all - he just loves any kind of pizza. :) But I think the margherita pizza was probably his favorite, too. We had these for our main course, but these would be great appetizers for a party, too. Very quick and very easy to make!

I didn't follow recipes, just made my own combos, but I did read up on the technique to use when grilling with this very wet ABin5 dough. If you're interested in making these at home, be sure to read this Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day Discussion Board.



2 comments:

The Voogts said...

These look great! I was just thinking yesterday that I wanted to try grilling pizza. I saw it on Easy Entertaining with MC a few weeks ago...but I was gf at the time :P I really need to start trying the ABin5 recipes.

Sara said...

They're definitely not masterpieces when you look at them... they got all deformed when I put them on the grill. But they sure tasted good! I just used the ABin5 master Boule recipe for these. I haven't tried other recipes yet... but will probably in two weeks.