Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meal Plans

Another new week... and a new month, too! I'm kind of hoping time slows down a bit this summer... but I know it won't. :) Anyway, I've got some catching up to do with posts from last week, but I'll do that later on when I have more time.

This week, I'll be making up a batch of the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day dough. We'll use it throughout the week for some easy-fix meals. I'm also going to try to empty out some more stuff from the freezers since it really won't be too much longer till we get our half of the 1/2 side of beef we're getting from my BIL's uncle. Not to mention, I want to make sure we have plenty of room in the freezers come harvest time in the garden.

Sunday ~ We're getting together with our friends, Kati and Ben, to have a BBQ in the afternoon... cream cheese pesto spread, grilled hamburgers, I think Katie is bringing a potato salad, chips, dutch apple pie from the freezer (its homemade by my friend's daughter's high school band members as a fundraiser)
Meatless Monday ~ mushroom ravioli from the freezer, roasted veggies, spinach salad with spinach from the garden
Tuesday ~ I have to work a little later (stay for a meeting), but I'm hoping we'll have time for calzones using the ABin5 dough filled with turkey pepperoni, home-canned banana peppers, home-canned mushrooms, spinach from the garden, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses
Wednesday ~ another possibly late night with a later meeting for me, so again, something easy... whole grain pancakes with blueberry syrup
Thursday ~ definitely will be a little later than normal... I'll be in Windsor all day for some meetings, then I have to go back to Lansing for a late afternoon meeting, so definitely need something easy... crockpot rotisserie chicken, roasted red potatoes, green beans from the freezer
Friday ~ The only Friday I have to work all summer... I'll be making chicken stock in the crockpot all day today. We'll have chicken pesto pizza using the ABin5 dough and some of the leftover rotisserie chicken for dinner... and I think we'll try grilling it on the grill!
Saturday ~ I'll be canning the chicken stock in the morning and hopefully getting a lot accomplished outside, so I'd like something easy. I think we'll have crockpot parmesan chicken, with green beans from the freezer.

I didn't get as much accomplished outside with all the rain we had this week. So I still have a lot to do this week... and there's more rain in the forecast. So we'll see how much I get done this morning. I'm going to work on planting a few more things in the veggie garden (corn, cucumbers, okra, peppers). Next weekend, I'll work on getting in a second round of green and yellow beans and zucchini. Hopefully it'll be warm enough for the melons and basil then, too. I didn't get all of my flowers (annuals) planted this past week like I'd hoped, so I'm hoping to do that tonight after Carson goes to bed. I'm also hoping to do the walks in the evenings when the weather allows.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

All of your bread stuff sounds yummy. I finally started reading the Artisan book you gave me! Can't wait to try it out...now that I can eat bread :) Pizza sounds really good.