Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicken Chili with Pesto

We had chicken chili with pesto for dinner last night. I found the recipe on Two Crowded Kitchens, which is my SIL Mary's friend's blog. This was soooo good! I didn't add the chilies because I didn't really want to make it spicy since I wanted Carson to be able to eat it. It'd probably be very tasty with the chilies added, but we loved it the way I made it, too. This was another super easy, very quick recipe to throw together. It'd be a great week-night meal to throw together since it doesn't really take too long to cook. This is something I'll definitely make again sometime!

Chicken Chili with Pesto

2 tsp. oil
3/4 c. chopped onion
2 c. boneless cooked chopped chicken breast
1 1/2 c chopped carrot
3/4 c. chopped red pepper
3/4 c. thinly sliced celery
1/4 c. chopped green chilies (left these out)
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 16oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
3 Tab. jarred pesto (I used homemade, frozen)

Heat oil in a Dutch overn over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, red pepper, and celery and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add chicken and the next 6 ingredients (chiles through broth). Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in pesto.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

This sounds good! Pretty much anything with pesto is good. Glad you checked out her blog :)