Sunday, May 17, 2009

Looking for an awesome tomato soup recipe!

Hey everyone, so this past Friday, my friend Jaime and I had lunch at this little place in Grand Blanc called Sophie's Kitchen. Its the type of restaurant that I would have called "an old people restaurant" when I was growing up... sort of coney island-ish. Anyway, I had a cup of soup while I was there and loved it! It was just a tomato soup with tortellini in it, but the tomato soup part was just so good to me. I've only ever tried two other tomato soups in my life... the canned kind which I think is disgusting... and a tomato basil bisque at an awesome restaurant in Lansing called Vinaigrette's. So anyway, if anyone has a really good tomato soup recipe that is of a thicker consistency, please share!

2 comments:

Mary Voogt said...

Crazy...I was just thinking of this the other day. Seriously. I was like, I should try making tomato soup some time. I wonder if I can find a good recipe. I haven't looked yet, though.

Sara said...

LOL, that's too funny! I did find a couple that sound good. I think I'm going to try one next Monday, so we'll see how it is.