Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lamb Stock

After I cut off most of the lamb meat from the bones before making the Irish Lamb Stew, I decided I couldn't just throw them away. So I decided to throw the bones with the bits of meat left on them that I couldn't get off into my smaller crockpot with the trinity of veggies - celery, carrots, and onion - along with two bay leaves. I cooked it on low overnight (about 8 hours) and have a wonderful stock now. I'll be pressure canning it tonight after Carson goes to bed.

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

Never heard of lamb stock :) But I bet it has great flavor. One of these days I need to attempt stock again...and hopefully have better luck than last time.

Sara said...

I haven't really ever seen it in the stores either, but I figured it'd work out. It tastes yummy! I only got 3 pints of it since I used my smaller crockpot, but its definitely something I'll be doing whenever I have lamb bones with small amounts of meat left on them, that's for sure!