Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cowboy Stew

Tonight we tried a recipe from my SIL, Mary, for Cowboy Stew. Kevin loved it. I thought it was ok. I'm not a fan of baked beans and I thought I could overcome that with this stew, but I couldn't. It was the predominant smell and therefore taste for me. But this was totally up Kevin's alley. I guess its good to have some meals that he loves and I like, since it seems like its often the other way around. :) This used up some more pantry and freezer items. I still have some potatoes left, though. I guess I'll have to figure something out to use them up completely early next week.

I'll update with a picture later on.

Cowboy Stew

2-4 chicken breasts, cut up (I used 2 medium-sized ones)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pkg. turkey sausage (I only used half of a ring)
3 potatoes, cubed (I only used 1 large russet)
2 carrots, sliced (I used a frozen combo of peas and carrots, about half a bag)
1 can baked beans (I used the small can)
(I also added two stalks of celery to use them up from the fridge)

Layer all ingredients in crockpot. Stir. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

I figured Kevin would love this :) Baked beans...mmmm :) I like this because it's so easy to throw together.