Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cookie Monsters

Figured I'd post a picture and the method for the cookie monsters. The name comes from a dessert at Cheddar's restaurant. Basically, just a chocolate chip cookie, vanilla ice cream, and hot fudge. I think Cheddar's might add whipped cream and a cherry, but I didn't have any, so we didn't have them (much to Jeff's and Kevin's chagrin). :) The picture isn't the best because the hot fudge slides off the ice cream and melts it on its way, but they are sooooo good! Especially knowing that everything is homemade! Jaime made the chocolate chip cookies, which we warmed up in the microwave, then topped them with my homemade vanilla ice cream and hot fudge! A perfect end to a yummy meal!

3 comments:

The Voogts said...

Way to go on the homeade dessert! I bet they were better than what you get at Cheddar's! Glad you liked the hot fudge...so good and so easy. I always have some in our fridge.

Sara said...

You know, you're right, they actually were better than Cheddar's dessert! I'm going to have to play around with the ice cream maker and see if I can make the ice cream a little more healthy, though. See how it tastes using like 1% or 2% milk rather than all heavy cream and half-and-half. And the fudge was very good - Jaime and Jeff loved it, too. Its the same fudge you'd made a couple years ago and brought to your mom's house for something, isn't it?

The Voogts said...

Yep. Same fudge. It's the only kind I make :) We just had some on cheesecake this week. YUM! It's a good thing there was only enough for me to have 2 pieces :p A lot of cheesecake is not safe around me.