Saturday, January 10, 2009

Canned Mushrooms

I used the remaining 3.5 pounds of the organic baby bella and white mushrooms to can as normal, sliced mushrooms. I ended up with two pints and two half-pints. The next time I see organic mushrooms on sale at Meijer, I'll pick some more up to can into half-pints probably. I figure that will be the best size for most things, but I know I'll be able to use the pints, too. Canning mushrooms is super easy, too. Just saute the mushrooms up till they're brown, meanwhile have a small pot of water coming to a boil. Fill your jars with the mushrooms to within a half-inch, then cover with the boiling water to within a half-inch. Put the lids on and put them in your pressure canner. They need to be canned at 10 pounds of pressure for 45 minutes.

No comments: