Monday, June 14, 2010

Creamy Pesto Potato Salad

I had some red potatoes that I needed to use up. I also still have some garlic scape pesto in the freezer to use up. So I decided to make a creamy pesto potato salad over the weekend. I remembered seeing a good looking recipe on A Good Appetite last summer, so I went searching for that. I found it and had all the ingredients, so I made it up quickly over the weekend. This was very tasty! I thought it might seem a little bland, with so few ingredients, but it wasn't at all. The garlic scape pesto just gives it so much flavor.

Picture to come soon.

Creamy Pesto Potato Salad

2 lbs waxy potatoes, washed & cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 - 3 T Garlic Scape Pesto
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c mayonnaise
salt & pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender about 7 - 10 minutes. Drain.

Mix the pesto, sour cream & mayonnaise together. Season with salt & a generous amount of pepper. Mix in with warm potatoes.

Serve warm or chilled.

No comments: