Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spinach-Artichoke Dip

I tried out a new recipe from AllRecipes for Florentine Artichoke Dip for Carson's party. I normally use the recipe posted on Olive Garden's website, but figured I'd try a new one this time. I'm glad I did, because I like this one way better! Yum! It was good! Very simple, too.

Florentine Artichoke Dip

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip Light)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat neuchatel)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
(I also added about 1/4 cup shredded 2% mozzarella to the top)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish. (I just used a pie plate)

In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Mix in the artichoke hearts, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season with garlic and lemon juice. Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.

Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, and let the dish bake uncovered for 5 more minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned. (Mine took longer to brown, probably like 10 minutes)

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

This was sooooo good! I'll have to make it sometime.