Sunday, February 15, 2009

Homemade Italian Salad Dressing

I decided to make up some homemade salad dressings for Carson's birthday party. The first was Italian. I found the recipe on RecipeZaar I'm not really a fan of italian salad dressing, but from the taste I had, it tasted like the store-bought stuff does. And the few people that had it on their salads at the party said it was good. I have quite a bit leftover (I tripled the recipe), so I'll probably use it to marinate some chicken breasts this week or next.

Italian Salad Dressing

3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients in a bottle. Shake to blend. Makes about 1 cup.

No comments: