Sunday, February 15, 2009

Meal Plans & Goals Progress

The birthday party was a success. I think Carson had a lot of fun, even if a little overwhelmed at times. It was great to see everyone, but I always wish I'd had more time to visit with everyone. Next time I'm hiring a party service. :) I'm glad the party is over and that things went relatively smoothly. Now, we're on to a new week. I'm hoping to do some extras this week, being that I'm off on Monday for the President's Day holiday and then again on Friday for my flex day. I'd like to try making some whole wheat pretzels. I think Carson will enjoy them as snacks and I'd like to make up a huge batch to freeze. I might also do up some whole wheat waffles - a large batch to freeze. But we'll see how the days go - relaxing and just playing with Carson sound just too good right now. :)

Sunday ~ baked pork chops (didn't do them last week), roasted veggies, romaine salad
Meatless Monday ~ broccolini turnovers, crockpot corn risotto (didn't do it last week), romaine salad
Tuesday ~ leftovers from Saturday
Wednesday ~ marinated chicken breasts, baked potatoes, romaine salad
Thursday ~ whole grain pancakes with blueberry syrup
Friday ~ chicken and dumplings soup
Saturday ~ we'll be celebrating Kevin's mom's birthday by having dinner at P.F. Chang's in East Lansing

In terms of my progress towards my getting healthy/exercise goal. I didn't do too well last week. I did get in quite a few walks - one on Monday, three on Tuesday, two on Wednesday; but I didn't do any pilates or cardio. Just too busy in the evenings with getting random things done before the party. This week I'll do better. I'm planning to do a cardio workout today - I think I'll try my new workout video - Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. And I'm planning to do pilates tomorrow while I'm off. Hopefully I'll get some walks in on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Although, Tuesday is doubtful since I'll be at a meeting at the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce. Wednesday will be very busy, but hopefully I can squeeze at least one walk in. And Thursday I'm hoping for two walks. Then hopefully another cardio on Friday.

As far as my pop-drinking... I have not had any pop in the evening all week. Well, with the exception of yesterday during the birthday party. And I did not have a morning pop three days of the week. Still haven't cut back on my afternoon pop, though. Its a good start for the first week, though. I'm going to try cutting out the morning pops all week this week.

I'm planning a major stock-up shopping trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market on Tuesday afternoon on my way back from Detroit. I need to go through my pantry to see what we could use in the next month or so.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Good luck with the pretzels. They are SO yummy! I have a few left in our freezer from the half batch I did. Next time I'll make a full batch.

Have fun grocery shopping. I wish we had either TJ or WFM around here.