Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meal Plans & Goals Progress

Its hard to believe we're already looking at the last week of February. I'm not entirely complaining, though - I'm ready for spring and summer!! :) Although today is a pretty nice day, so we'll probably take Carson out to play in the snow this afternoon at some point.

I have a feeling its going to be a long week this week. I have a full five-day work-week filled with lots of meetings and deadlines and a day-trip to Windsor, Ontario for a symposium. Kevin's week sounds like it'll be a busy one, too, with a few late nights. Though I really hope they don't run as late as some did last week. Thursday was the worst - he didn't get home till midnight. Worked till 11pm. So anyway, I'm sure meals will get switched around this week, too, but here's what I'm thinking right now...

Sunday ~ chicken with gouda gravy and smashed brocco-tatoes
Meatless Monday ~ mexican breakfast burritos
Tuesday ~ tilapia with roasted corn, roasted asparagus
Wednesday ~ chili in the crockpot
Thursday ~ probably another really late night for Kevin, so probably just leftover chili
Friday ~ if I get home in time (going to Windsor all day for work and its possible I may not get to pick Carson up till 6pm - but I'm hoping we end earlier than planned) honey balsamic lamb chops (never had them a couple weeks ago) with roasted asparagus, otherwise, probably just lobster ravioli with roasted asparagus
Saturday ~ maybe something with salmon if it looks good at the store, otherwise maybe a pork roast... or maybe going out to eat with Ben and Kati depending on how things turn out this week.

As far as exercising this week, I'm planning to do a cardio video this afternoon/evening at some point. I'm hoping to be able to get some good walks in this week. Possibly a pilates workout after Carson goes to bed one evening, but more than likely I probably won't have the time for another video workout till next weekend. This past week I did fairly well. No cardio on Friday like I'd hoped, but I did get one walk in on Wednesday and two walks in on Thursday - even with the super cold blowing wind. :)

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

brocco-tatoes sound interesting. Sounds like a RR thing ;) Adding veggies to potatoes is always a good thing. Good luck with the exercise despite a busy week. Hopefully Kevin doesn't have to work quite so late this week. Yikes, midnight!