Sunday, October 26, 2008

Recap and Meal Plans

Last week I canned another huge batch of unsweetened applesauce. I still have some apples in the breezeway that I have to use to can a batch of apple pie filling - I'd planned to do that over the weekend, but just haven't found the time to. I dried some herbs from the garden (parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary), and froze some chopped parsley with a little water in cubes (great to just drop into soups in the winter for added freshness).

This week will be a little off since I'm having oral surgery to have my last wisdom tooth removed. So I'm having to think of some softer things to eat in the days after the surgery. Mostly new recipes this week - on Monday, Tuesday, possibly Thursday depending on the recipe I end up using, and Friday.

Sunday ~ football party at my Aunt Jeri's... we're doing a taco bar
Monday ~ meatballs with parsley and parmesan... haven't decided what will go with them yet leftovers from Sunday
Tuesday ~ applesauce chicken in the crockpot with baked potatoes and green beans pork sirloin roast with fruit in the crockpot with carrots and homemade rolls from Kevin's mom
Wednesday ~ oral surgery for me in the morning... so it'll depend how I'm feeling... either soup or jello for me most likely and leftovers for Kevin
Thursday ~ most likely homemade macaroni and cheese since I'll still have to be eating softer foods
Friday ~ tortellini with peas and cheese
Saturday ~ making a trip to Grand Rapids, having dinner with Mary, Justin, and Rebecca

I'll be taking Thursday off to recover from my surgery, and Friday is my flex day, so hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to do some baking or canning while I'm home. I'd like to make some carrot-squash muffins and maybe some cookies - freezing the majority of both. I bought some dry beans (pintos and black turtles) last week at the Whole Foods Market that I'd like to try soaking, cooking, and canning... maybe Thursday while Carson goes to my mom's if I'm feeling up to it. I'll first need to use up the 26 pounds of pears I bought last week to can some more pear sauce for Carson. Also need to get some more parsley-pistachio pesto made and frozen.

No comments: