Saturday, March 20, 2010

Strawberry Cake

Carson and I made a strawberry cake for Nana's birthday tomorrow. I got this recipe/method from my coworker, Brenda. It uses a boxed cake mix, but it is so good. You could definitely make a homemade cake and use the same method, too, though. I just decided to use the mix for ease and convenience today. I forgot how easy a boxed cake mix is to make - wow! If I wasn't so turned off by the ingredients, I'd totally still buy them all the time. Anyway, I hope this cake goes over well tomorrow. I'm sure it will, though, because it is absolutely delicious!

I'll try to remember to take some pictures when we cut into it tomorrow and will update.

Strawberry Cake

Strawberry cake mix, made and baked according to ingredients and directions on box
Frozen strawberries, thawed (organic)
4-serving instant vanilla pudding (Trader Joes brand)
3 cups milk (organic)
1 8oz tub Cool Whip (I used Whole Foods Mkt brand)

Bake the cake as directed on the box. Let cool slightly. Using the end of a round tool (end of a spoon), poke holes evenly throughout top of cake.

Thaw strawberries and lightly puree in a blender or food processor. Pour strawberries into holes.
Mix together milk and pudding. Let thicken in the fridge for a few minutes. Then fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake. Keep cake in refrigerator until ready to serve.

2 comments:

The Voogts said...

Interesting. I bet it looks really cool when you cut into it. Can't wait to see the pics.

Sara said...

Forgot to take any pictures - or even take the camera with me. And I sent the leftovers home with my parents. It was delish, though! Everyone loved it!