Saturday, April 23, 2011

Paleo Salmon Florentine

I saw a recipe on Cross Fit Santa Cruz Central's blog that looked delicious - for paleo salmon florentine.  And was it ever!  We all loved it!  This will definitely be going into our recipe rotation.  It doesn't take long to prepare, which is great for us on work nights and it's very healthy.  This would be a great dish to serve for company, as it presents very well.  I didn't really measure anything, just threw in however much looked good.  I had one large salmon filet that my uncle caught in one of the rivers up north in the fall.  His salmon is seriously the best!  Yum!  I used more mushrooms and more spinach than the recipe below calls for, too.  Just use what sounds or looks good to you. 

Paleo Salmon Florentine

2 salmon filets
1 T olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
9 oz. mushrooms, sliced
9 oz. baby spinach, fresh
1/4 C coconut milk
3 T white wine
spices: about 1/4 tsp. each!
sea salt (optional)
pepper (fresh ground)
cayenne pepper
paprika
garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saute pan, heat olive oil, and saute onion... add garlic, and cook until translucent. Add sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Add a splash (about 3 T white wine), cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender. Now add spinach and cook until wilted. Pour coconut milk over everything and mix well. Pour all ingredients onto a baking dish. Place salmon filets over top of spinach mixture and sprinkle with spices. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

This post is linked to:
Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade
Fresh Bites Friday at Real Food Whole Health
Simple Lives Thursday at GNOWFGLINS
Pennywise Platter Thursday at the Nourishing Gourmet
Grain Free Tuesdays at Hella Delicious
Primal Cave Friday at Primal Toad

5 comments:

Get Real Chris said...

Hi Sara,
I saw your recipe linked up on Fresh Bites so I had to check it out. I'm doing a 30 day grain and legume free experiment and am always looking for new primal/paleo recipes. Thanks for sharing.

The Voogts said...

This looks good. I'm always looking for new ways to cook salmon. I almost always do salmon cakes becuase I know Rebecca loves them. She's hit and miss otherwise.

Sara said...

Hi Chris! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I'm new to the primal life, as well. Good luck with your experiment! So far I am really loving eating primally.

Mary, Carson is the opposite... he'll almost always eat a salmon filet, but is hit and miss with salmon (or any fish) cakes. :)

hellaD said...

Yum this looks fantastic, I love all of those ingredients, and I have a huge salmon in my freezer! Thanks so much for sharing with Grain Free Tuesdays!

hellaD said...

Yum! This looks delicious! I love all of these ingredients and can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing with grain-free tuesdays.