Friday, July 3, 2009

Balsamic BBQ Sauce

I finally had some time to can up a batch of balsamic BBQ sauce this morning after I'd canned a batch of strawberry jam. I've been wanting to can this sauce since we tried it a few weeks back on balsamic BBQ chicken. Its a Giada DeLaurentiis recipe and it is soooo yummy! I made a triple batch today and wish I'd have had more balsamic vinegar to do an even larger batch since I only ended up with three half-pints. But its better than nothing, right? Its very easy to make, so making another batch later on won't be a big deal, at least. I'll post the original recipe, but like I said, I tripled everything to make a larger batch.

Balsamic BBQ Sauce

1 cup balsamic vinegar (organic)
3/4 cup ketchup (organic)
1/3 cup brown sugar (organic)
1 garlic clove, minced (organic)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes. Ladle into hot jars and boiling water bath for 20 minutes.

No comments: