Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cashew Avocado Chicken Salad

I made this chicken salad for our sandwiches for lunch this afternoon. I got the recipe from my SIL. It is absolutely delicious! Its nice and creamy and just so good! Kevin just tasted a tiny bit of it since he was afraid of the avocado giving him an allergic reaction this time of year, but he did like it. Carson and I both loved it! I will definitely be making this regularly. It was especially good on our homemade whole wheat bread! Yum!

Cashew Avocado Chicken Salad

4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded (I used some pre-cooked and shredded chicken that I had frozen)
1/3 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing (I used mayo and some of my ranch dressing mix)
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1 cup cashews (I chopped mine to make it safer for Carson to eat)
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, dressing, dill, cashews, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.

I served mine on homemade sandwich bread with provolone cheese and baby spinach leaves.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

So glad you finally got to try it! It is sooooo good. I should make it again soon :)