Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ranch Dressing Mix

I made some ranch dressing mix over the weekend. I've been wanting to make it for quite some time, just haven't gotten around to it. But when I decided to make taco soup this week, I figured I'd better get on it and mix it up quick so I could use some for that recipe. This is super simple to throw together - it takes less than a minute. I found the recipe on Heavenly Homemakers awhile back. I'm anxious to make some dressing or veggie dip with the mix - I'll update this post with my thoughts when I get around to that in the next week or two. I'll update with a picture later on, as well.

UPDATE 2/1/10: The ranch dip was awesome!! Very similar, yet much better, than the stuff you buy at the store.

Ranch Dressing Mix

5 Tablespoons dried minced onions
7 teaspoons parsley flakes
4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix together and store in an air tight container.

For dressing: Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream.

For dip: Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 2 cups sour cream or kreme fresh.

Mix up a few hours before serving, so the flavors all blend nicely.

No comments: