Sunday, November 8, 2009

Salsa Meatloaf

I decided to try a new meatloaf recipe that I found on AllRecipes a while back and have been wanting to try out. A recipe for salsa meatloaf. So, I made it tonight to supplement our leftovers for dinner (since we'd eaten some for lunch and didn't have quite enough) and to have for a few lunches for me during the week. This was so good! Super moist - probably the most-so meatloaf I've ever had. The flavor was awesome - we all loved it! It was super easy, too! Definitely a keeper!

Salsa Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef sirloin
1/2 cup salsa (I used my home-canned zucchini salsa)
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used half cheddar, half swiss)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 garlic cloves
dried parsley, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (the recipe in the link says 350, but I did 375 based on the comments and it turned out perfectly). In a large bowl, mix the ground sirloin, salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, and garlic. Season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a 5x9 inch loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

This sounds simple and yummy! Never would have thought of putting salsa in meatloaf. I bet that really does add moisture.