Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meal plans and the week ahead

Just a quick post of the meals this week...

Sunday ~ We're going down to Rochester Hills to hang out with our good friends, Ben and Kati, and go out to eat at TGI Fridays.
Meatless Monday ~ herbed baked eggs, sauteed green beans, kohlrabi and zucchini, whole wheat toast with home-canned strawberry jam, fresh grapes, cantaloupe, blackberries, and red raspberries
Tuesday ~ grilled steak, zucchini fries, steamed green beans and corn, fresh grapes, cantaloupe, blackberries, and red raspberries
Wednesday ~ another meatless meal... peas and cheese tortellini (with peas, zucchini, corn, and bell pepper), sliced fresh nectarines, pears, and blueberries
Thursday ~ I'll be in Windsor all day, so we'll need something easy... grilled chicken breasts marinated in italian dressing, grilled corn on the cob, green beans and kohlrabi sauteed with garlic and EVOO, sliced fresh nectarines, plums, and pears Carson ate at my parents' house... Kevin ate leftovers... and I couldn't stomach anything at all the entire day...
Friday ~ We'll be meeting up with SIL and her kids in the morning and visiting my grandma in the afternoon, so probably will do chicken corn chowder with chipotle in the crockpot, fresh blueberries, peaches and plums change of plans do to feeling too sad to see people... ran a few errands, but mostly just stayed home... grilled steak, oven fried okra, sliced fresh nectarines and pears
Saturday ~ We'll be going to East Lansing in the late afternoon - first to Impression 5 Science Center, then to dinner at Noodles and Co., then to a party at my old boss' house in East Lansing.

Hopefully I'll be doing some heavy duty weeding in the veggie garden this week... if the mosquitoes settle down a bit at least. I can't even stand being back there to harvest the veggies for more than five minutes at a time right now... they are sooooo terrible! I might also can some peaches if I find some at the farmers' markets this week. We'll just have to see about that. I might try making and canning a peach BBQ sauce, as well... but maybe not. Just depends on how much time I end up having.

No comments: