Sunday, August 16, 2009

And we're off!

We're off on vacation this week, so no meal plans or any posting while I'm gone. We'll be headed north to Kevin's grandparents' trailer up on Big Star Lake in Baldwin, MI. We're planning to do many different day trips to Ludington, Traverse City, maybe Pentwater, maybe the Sleeping Bear Dunes. We're going to just play it all by ear. And maybe we'll be home earlier than expected if the weather forecast holds true... cross your fingers for no rain!!!!

I hope we don't miss a lot of stuff from the garden while we're gone. Beans and zucchini are still coming in strong. Last night, I went out and picked another seven zucchinis... and tons of beans... and I'd been out there two nights before. I shredded all the zucchini into another ten 2-cup bags of shredded zukes that are now in the freezer. I froze the zucchini I'd picked on Friday night into fries, so we've got a gallon of zuke fries in the freezer now, too. And I blanched and froze all the beans. I also picked up another couple dozen ears of corn this week, which we used some of in our meals. I blanched and froze some on the cob, and then some off the cob again, too. Our freezer is getting full!

Anyway, that's enough for now. Have a great week!

No comments: