Friday, July 18, 2008

Crockpot Margarita Chicken

On Thursday, I tried out a recipe from A Year of CrockPotting for margarita chicken. I thought it was very good, but Kevin wasn't too happy with it. I loved the flavor combination with the dijon, soy sauce, garlic and honey... but since Kevin basically doesn't care for any of the ingedients in the sauce (except for the garlic), he didn't like it too much. So I guess I won't be keeping this recipe since Kevin didn't care for it, but wanted to post it here anyway since it was so easy to make. I guess I can always make it sometime when its just me at home for dinner, too.

Margarita Chicken

4-5 frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless chicken tenders)
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 T coconut aminos (substitute for soy sauce)
2 minced garlic cloves
3 T margarita mix (I used Jose Cuervo with the tequila already in it, but you could use the stuff without tequila in it just as well)

Mix your sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of your crockpot. Cover with the sauce. Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. If your chicken is fresh, check it after 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.

1 comment:

see post said...

Excellent article. Cool. Looking towards reading more. Fantastic article.