Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lime Pear Gelatin Salad

I decided to try out a recipe I found on AllRecipes for a lime pear gelatin salad. I took it to our family party this afternoon. It was very good! I was able to use up the lime jello and canned pears that I had in the pantry, as well as a tub of cool whip that I had in the freezer. I made a double batch so I could just use up some stuff.

Lime Pear Gelatin Salad

1 (.6 ounce) package sugar-free lime gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (15.25 ounce) can pear halves in juice
1 (3 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed

Whisk together the lime gelatin and boiling water in a large bowl until the gelatin dissolves. Pour the mixture into the container of a blender, and add the pear halves and cream cheese. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour back into the bowl, and gently whisk in the whipped topping. Transfer to a mold or serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours. To unmold, dip the mold briefly into hot tap water to loosen the gelatin, then invert onto a plate.

4 comments:

The Voogts said...

You didn't have to look at All Recipes...that's pretty much the recipe I got from my MIL...it's called seafoam salad. We make it all the time :) You even commented on it on my blog.

http://voogtrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/12/sea-foam-salad.html

Sara said...

I thought it was very similar to one of your jello recipes, but I couldn't remember what it'd have been called and only saw one recipe with a jello label on your blog. I'd went there first b/c I thought you had some good jello dishes with lime jello, but didn't have a lot of time to search through all the different categories, so I just went to AllRecipes.

I have some strawberry jello to use up still, so I'll have to think about it a little more in advance and look through all the pages of your blog for any jello recipes before I end up using it.

Mary Voogt said...

sometimes i don't label well...i'm getting better at it now :)

Mary Voogt said...

if you look under side dishes i think it has them all.