Sunday, November 23, 2008

Recap and Meal Plans

This past week I've just been enjoying our time together as a family. For those that don't already know, Kevin is kind of out of a job at the moment again... its a long, complicated story, but hopefully he'll get some news tomorrow as to when he can get back to work (at TRW). So its been extra nice to be home this weekend (I was in Toronto last week) and to have the time together with Kevin and Carson. On Friday, during Carson's nap, I chopped, par-boiled, and froze a ton of sweet potato chunks (2 gallon size ziploc bags full!). Other than that, I haven't done much else other than our meals and the apple clafoutis.

We'll be spending Thanksgiving with my mom's family this year (Kevin's family will be in Grand Rapids). We're looking forward to seeing everyone and spending some time together. I'm working Monday through Wednesday at this point, so it'll be typical easy weeknight meals.

Sunday ~ uptown pork with apples (since we didn't have it yesterday)
Monday ~ golabki, baked potatoes, peas
Tuesday ~ ultimate ham and cheese sammies, sweet potato fries
Wednesday ~ possibly minestrone soup
Thursday ~ Happy Thanksgiving! turkey and stuffing, pigs/golabki, mashed potatoes and gravy, baked sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn souffle, rolls, apple pie (dutch and regular), pumpkin pie, lemon merengue pie
Friday ~ Thanksgiving leftovers! possibly a shepherd's pie or just plain ol' leftovers
Saturday ~ more leftovers! plain ol' leftovers if we didn't have them Friday... otherwise a shepherd's pie made with the leftovers

I'm looking forward to another long weekend together as a family next weekend. I'm practically done with my Christmas shopping - I think I just have one person left now, so I'm not sure if I'll end up going out on Black Friday or not this year... it'll be very strange if I don't, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping to do some baking over the long weekend. I'd like to try making homemade vanilla wafers for Carson and maybe some homemade crackers, too. Also would like to use up the rest of my apples somehow - applesauce or apple butter. I need to use up my sweet potatoes, too. I'll probably do another canner load and freeze some fries then see where I'm at... though I'm afraid I'll still probably end up having lots of sweet potatoes left. So maybe I'll end up doing two canner loads. We'll see.

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Looks like you've been trying lots of new stuff. It all sounds good. More recipes to tag for my to try file :) Can't wait to see some pics.