Monday, November 17, 2008

Goulash

I made goulash yesterday so that Kevin would have lots of leftovers to eat during the week. I don't really follow a recipe when I make goulash, but I'll try to jot down the process that I use. I used the crockpot yesterday, but this can be baked in the oven or just made on the stovetop, too.

Goulash

1 pound ground meat (yesterday I used Laura's Lean Ground Beef, but I generally will use half beef and half ground turkey)
1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes, to your taste
1 or 2 cans of tomato sauce, to your taste
chopped green pepper
chopped onion
sliced mushrooms
2-4 cloves finely chopped garlic
spices of your choice (I used Mrs. Dash Italian Medley this time)
1/2 - 1 pound whole wheat elbow macaroni

Brown the meat. Cook the pasta to al dente. Dump all ingredients into the crockpot, stir together, cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours.

No comments: