We're not sure what we're going to do this weekend yet. We had been planning on going camping at Sleepy Hollow as a test run with Jet, but we'll see how the week goes and what the weather forecast looks like later in the week (they don't look too promising right now). We'd also like to go to the East Lansing Art Festival, but we'll just have to see how the weekend turns out.... we should be able to go regardless if we go camping or not, though. It will actually be easier to go if we go camping, but again this is all weather-dependent.
The biggest wild card is that we may be joining the local water ski club - Kevin as a skier or maybe a driver and possibly me as a driver, costumes, or dock person. If Carson takes an interest and starts skiing, he'd be part of the pre-shows. We need to make our decisions pretty soon.... the first water practice was yesterday morning, so we're already behind if we do join. So we'll see. Obviously, if one of us decides to join, this changes many of our plans this summer. Our vacations would then be camping at the out-of-state water ski tournaments.
Anyway, here is the plan...
- Breakfast cupcakes
- Fried eggs
- Yogurt with grain-free granola
- Kefir smoothies
- Salad with bacon, hard boiled egg, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh cracked pepper
- Egg salad wrapped in lettuce
- Raw veggies and avocado dip
- Hard boiled eggs
- Apples with almond butter
- Dried fruit
- Crispy pecans
- Almond-crusted chicken; roasted asparagus; side salads; applesauce
- Pork chops with cherries in the crockpot; roasted cauliflower, carrots, and brussels sprouts
- Sirloin dijon; steamed broccoli and cauliflower; peaches
- Italian meatballs in the crockpot; side salads; roasted asparagus
- Grilled burgers wrapped in lettuce; sweet potato fries; raw veggies