Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meal plans and the week ahead

This week is going to be kinda crazy again. Another week of work travel, but this time for me. I'll be leaving early Tuesday morning for Montreal, Quebec. I'll get home late Thursday night. I'm kind of looking forward to it and kind of not. At least its a quick trip. Today we're having my dad's family over for a mid-afternoon meal, visiting, and picture taking. We've been clearing out the bushes, small trees, and brush near the barn lately. I thought the weathered barn would be a cute back drop for pictures. So I've set up a nice little set up with straw bales, pumpkins, and indian corn in front of the barn so we can get some cute fall pictures of the great grand-kids on the Moore side. I hope the kids are all in good spirits and we get some cute shots! Tomorrow I'll be packing and prepping for my trip. Like I said, I'll be gone Tuesday through Thursday. Friday is my flex day, Carson's Kindermusik class, milk and CSA pick-up, and we'll be going over to my SIL's house in the afternoon for the Grand Blanc homecoming parade and dinner. Saturday's plans are sort of up in the air. We have to take Denver back to the vet for a check-up, but other than that, we're not really sure. We may go to my nephew's football game in the morning, we may go to a couple farm tours in our area, we may go to the orchard, or we may just stay home and work and play outside. More than likely, that's what we'll do since we have been and will continue to be so busy.

So here's the plan for meals this week. Kevin and Carson will eat up the leftovers while I'm gone.

Sunday ~ Moore family over
B: sourdough pancakes
L & D: pot roast with yukon gold potatoes and carrots; butternut squash; chocolate sourdough cake with coconut cream frosting

Monday ~
B: yogurt with apple cinnamon grain-free granola
D: split pea soup in the crockpot

Tuesday - Thursday ~ Montreal
(start milk culture for soft cheese and feed sourdough starter on Thursday night)

Friday ~ flex day; Kindermusik; pick up milk and CSA order; Grand Blanc homecoming parade
(feed starter; hang soft cheese to drain; roast squash to freeze; soak squash seeds; make water and dairy kefir; make cinnamon roll dough; dry apples; make and can applesauce?)
B: yogurt with apple cinnamon grain-free granola
D: at SIL's house

Saturday ~ Denver to vet; rest is TBD... nephew's football game? farm tours? orchard? stay home and work outside?
(dry squash seeds; make creamy salad dressing; make and can applesauce)
B: sourdough cinnamon rolls
L: peas and cheese tortellini
D: sloppy lentils over spaghetti squash; roasted veggies; lettuce salad with veggies and creamy salad dressing; fresh apples

3 comments:

The Voogts said...

Have a good trip! Hope it goes well. Have fun with your family today too. I bet you'll get some great pictures.

Anxious to hear about the cinnamon rolls :)

We had sloppy lentils over spaghetti squash last week. It was our first time having spaghetti squash. We didn't really like it. And the sloppy lentils are almost too sweet for me right now. Sad since normally I LOVE them. Oh well. Enjoy :)

Sara said...

We've never had spaghetti squash, either. I've always wanted to try it, though. And I got the idea from you to have the sloppy lentils with it. So, thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Like linda wrote it is correct