Sunday, September 19, 2010

Meal plans and the week ahead

This week won't be as busy as the last two have been, but we still have lots of fun things happening. Today I'll be going down to Birmingham for the WAPF Growing Connections annual conference. I'm really looking forward to it... I'm not sure which I'm more excited about... the conference itself or the huge organic, real food farmers market!  Kevin is going biking one night this week, but I'm not sure which one yet. Thursday I'm going up to Foxy's for their grand opening open house... that's where I've been taking Zumba lately. Friday I'll be off first thing in the morning to take Denver to the vet to get his stitches removed, then I'll be going in to work afterwards. And Saturday we'll be going to the Grand Rapids area. Our plans for the day are a little up in the air still.  We'll definitely be going to ArtPrize, and will possibly be doing a farm tour at Grassfields Cheese, and/or a farm visit to my brother-in-law's uncle's farm... Voogt Farms... where we get our beef. Its going to be a fun day! I sure hope the weather is perfect!!

The cooler weather lately has made us hungry for lots of different soups, so I'm planning to make a couple this week. I used to hate soup, but I have learned to love it. Its so easy, flavorful, and good for you. I often make a big batch on Sundays in the crockpot to take for my lunches at work, but they've been a lot of broth based veggie and chicken soups. So I'm getting bored with them and I've put some favorites on the menu this week.

Here's the plan...

Sunday - Growing Connections conference
B: scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese
L: leftovers for Kevin and Carson
D: rotisserie chicken in the crockpot; squash; beans; melon

Monday -
B: yogurt and granola
D: leftover squash-veggie-beef-sausage soup

Tuesday -
B: yogurt smoothies
D: chili in the crockpot

Wednesday -
B: sourdough english muffins with butter and honey
D: crockpot philly cheesesteak soup

Thursday - Foxy's open house
B: yogurt with granola
D: chicken divan; squash; steamed veggies

Friday - Denver to vet
B: hard boiled eggs; fruit
D: crockpot broccoli three cheese soup

Saturday - Grand Rapids ArtPrize and farm tours
B: sourdough pancakes
L: on the road
D: on the road

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Lots of good soups. I think I looked at all of those when figuring out my meal plans for this week :P I just wish I didn't have such a bad relationship with the crockpot right now. I may have to try putting it in the garage.

Hoping Justin calls his uncle today. We'll let you know what we hear. Hopefully we'll all be healthy Sat. Rebecca has a cold. I think Justin is getting it. We'll see how I do.