Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meal plans and the week ahead

Ok, so I am writing this before our weekend in Wisconsin and scheduling it to post on the normal day. So no updates on how the weekend is going in Wisconsin. I hope it's going fabulously and that we're having wonderful weather! It didn't look so great as of Thursday... but one can hope, right?! :) 

UPDATE:  We are having an awesome weekend!  The family reunion yesterday was so fun!  There were 42 people there and it was great to meet lots of my cousins that I'd never met.  I've heard many many stories about them all, so it was good to put names and stories with faces.  Today's weather looks very nice... a little cool still in the high 60s, but it's nice and sunny today.  We're looking forward to enjoying some time at our beach and exploring a little more today.  Tomorrow looks great, too.  We might come back a little later than we had originally planned, so we can enjoy a little more time here.  We'll see how it plays out. 

So obviously, we're in Wisconsin still. We're getting up tomorrow morning, packing up the car again, and heading home. We should be home before dinner. Tuesday afternoon, I'm going to our local WAPF chapter meeting. Then on Tuesday evening, we're meeting up with our friends, the Franson and Parks families, out at the Silver Lake Ski Club ski show.  Wednesday night I'm getting my hair done. And I am debating about taking Friday off... we'll see how the weather looks and what is going on at work. If I do take the day off, Carson and I will probably be meeting up with our friends Kati and baby Tony to do something fun. And Saturday, we're headed out to my Uncle Dave's lake for the Jason Amy Memorial (JAM) slalom ski tournament. So it should be another fun week!

I'm sure the yard is a jungle again, so we'll need to mow and weed whack this week. Maybe tomorrow after we get home, if the lawn is looking too bad. I'll need to weed out the flower gardens and veggie garden, too, I'm sure. We're still working on cleaning out a section of our backyard - cutting down some trees, removing brush and overgrowing things, removing cement blocks that have been buried under the top layer of soil, etc. So hopefully we'll make a little progress on that project this week, too. I think that's about all we'll have time for this week.

As for meals, here's what I'm thinking...

Breakfasts:
  • Breakfast cupcakes
  • Smoothies
  • Yogurt with fruit
  • Avocado cream cheese frittata
Lunches and snacks:
  • Leftovers
  • Frijole mole dip with raw veggies
  • Asparagus basil salad
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Homemade beef jerky
  • Crispy nuts
  • Fruit
Dinners:
  • Salad with hard boiled eggs, bacon, roasted chicken from the freezer, bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, avocado, vinegar & oil
  • Beef short ribs; asparagus; side salads
  • Paleo tuna cakes; asparagus; strawberry rhubarb coconut ice cream
  • Grilled chicken kebabs; side salads; fruit
  • Meatza

1 comment:

The Voogts said...

Yummy meals!! If that ice cream is the recipe I'm thinking of I really want to try that too :) Maybe I could at least have coconut ice cream. But we'll see. Abram so far seems fairly sensitive to coconut. Tuna cakes sound great!! I love all seafood cakes.